Garry brought his bike now called Passepartout for obvious reasons from SJS cycles in Bridgewater, Somerset in May 2008 and has now done in excess of 40,000 miles on it.
Bike and components List
- Frame; Thorn Rohloff EXP
- Handlebars; Thorn 6061 Straight bars with anatomic grips & zoom alloy ski bar ends
- Gears; Rohloff Speadhub 500/14 in black
- Wheels; Tungsten black carbide
- Tyres; Schwalbe Marathon 26 x 1.75
- Brakes; Shimano XTR V-Brakes with SwissTop blue brake pads
- Mudguards; SKS chromoplastic in black
- Chainring; Thorn 110mm 5 Arm Reversible Single ring – Black 42T
- Chainset; Thorn170mm 5 arm cranks (73mm shell)
- Saddle; Brooks B17 Standard leather saddle
- Front Rack; Thorn MkV low loader in black powder
- Racks; Thorn Expedition Steel Rack in black powder
- Dynamo; Schmidt 28 dyno hub 32 hole in black
- Front Light; Busch & Muller Lumotec
- Rear Light; Cateye LD1100
- Pedals; MKS mtn-lite with Zefal easy clip mini strapless toe clips
- Computer; Cateye CC-MT 400 Mity 8 cycle computer
3 Replies to “Bike and Components”
Hey Garry! That’s really interesting – it’s a nice outfit although the wheels look smaller than 26″. You don’t mention frame size. I suppose with that design it doesn’t matter. It looks a sturdy, well balanced machine.
It certainly is a well balanced bike and comfortable too, sorry I don’t know the frame size as it was custom built to me!
What A Star!!! Just like its owner xx