February 2021 a video update I posted on my YouTube channel. Because of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, England’s been in lockdown since the beginning of January! And as a result, we’re not allowed out, apart for specific reasons. Which I’ve copied from the government website and pasted below:
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person (in which case you should stay 2m apart). Exercise should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare – for those eligible
If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay in your local area – unless it is necessary to go further, for example to go to work.
Staying in your local area means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live.
At Last An Excuse
It’s all been rather boring with the above restrictions, especially the “staying local part!” But finally, I had an excuse to go out on my bike and ride somewhere different. Or at least different to what I’ve had for the past month or so!
I had an appointment at the hospital, but because of the Covid-19 pandemic, hospitals are inundated with coronavirus patients. As a result, they’ve split up their services and now send outpatients to different hospitals. Which meant I was sent to another hospital, twenty miles away! What a great excuse to get on my bike and leave Bognor Regis!
Subscribe to Garry’s YouTube channel.