Garry’s luggage is fully waterproof omitting the need to pack clothes and gear in separate bags.
Included below is a breakdown of what he carries in each bag.
- Panniers; Are all Ortlieb red roller classic
- Bar Bag; Ortlieb ultimate6 plus large with a map case on top
- Tent Bag; Ortlieb 22 litre dry bag
- Other Bags; Exped black drybags
- Front Left Pannier; Sleeping bag, sleeping mat and silk liner
- Front Right Pannier; Cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery
- Back Right Pannier; Generally odd bits, tool kit, spares, maps, food and usually a can or two of beer just in case!
- Back Left Pannier; Clothes, laptop, chargers, medical pack and toiletries
- Bar Bag; Head torch, glasses, ride log, cameras, sun cream, sweets, bottle of coke and headphones. The map case on top has obviously a map in it and also a compass
- Tent Bag; Believe it or not a tent! But also a Thermarest chair
- Other Bags x2; Large bag contains waterproofs and sits on top of the tent on the back rack. The smaller bag carries my fleece when I’m not wearing it and sits on top of my back right pannier