A list of the tools and spares that Garry Carries with him.
(Garry’s not particularly mechanically minded but is very practical and can usually get by somehow he may not know what to do with half the tools and spares he carries but his philosophy is that somebody will!)
- Topek Multi tool
- Rohloff sprocket remover; Specialist tool, as said above!
- Link remover; Garry has actually managed to use this once but it was at home!
- Saddle spanner; For tightening up the saddle.
- 8mm socket; Used when dismantling bike ready for flying, it makes it all a lot quicker and easier
- Puncture repair kit; Garry can use this!
- 3 tyre levers
- Tyre; Schwalbe Marathon Mondial folding tyre x2 on longer trips.
- Inner tube; Schwalbe x4 again on longer trips.
- Spokes; Both front and rear as their different sizes, they are just strapped to the cross bar, again it would be a case of finding somebody to do it for Garry!
- Gaffer tape and cable ties; Anything can be fixed with these!
- Rohloff rear sprocket: Possibly hard to come by in some countries.
- Spare brake blocks; You never know!
- Oil; Used all the time.
- Spare chain links
- Nuts and bolts; Only a couple ever since one snapped when he was in Ireland and couldn’t find a replacement.